The Town of Harrisburg offers a weekly collection of leaves, grass and yard waste. The same streets can only be collected once per week. At peak times, such as during autumn leaf collection, pick-up schedules may vary due to increased workload.
- Leaves and grass must be loose (not bagged) and placed behind the curb (not in the road, but within 4 to 6 feet of the curb).
- Leaves and grass cannot be mixed with:
- Other debris
- If other items are mixed with leaves and grass, the entire load will not be picked up.
- Yard waste must be at least 8 feet from any sign, water meter, landscaping, mailbox or other stationary object, and away from any low overhead lines.
- Yard waste consisting of brush must have limbs not to exceed 6 feet in length, stacked loosely with cut ends parallel to the street.
- Yard waste consists of shrubs or tree limbs, flowers and plants only.
- If yard waste equals less than a truckload, there is no charge. A full truckload (16 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet high) costs $100.
The Town’s Public Works Department will begin operating on a four-day yard waste collection schedule beginning Monday, September 2. The new yard waste routes can be found below. Contact Customer Service at 704-455-5614 with any questions.
|Monday||Tuesday||Wednesday||Thursday||Work Order Basis|
|Highway 49||College Park||Bridge Pointe||Windsor Forest||RRC Townhomes|
|Bentley Hills||Harrisburg Estates||Blume (North)||Fenton-Dell||Town Center|
|Founders Reserve||Providence Manor||Blume (South)||Wills Run||Lippard Ln.|
|Valhalla||Blackwelder Rd.||Magnolia Springs||Orchard Park||Grove Ave.|
|Hillcrest||River Hills||Abbington||Camelot||The Courtyards|
|Whitefield Manor||Pharr Mill Rd.||Kensington Forest||Huntwick||Brookedale Village|
|Timber Forest||Sequoia Hills||Hawthorne||Frances Haven||Lucas Ct.|
|Hudspeth Rd.||Canterfield||Grantham||Farmington Ridge||Farmington Townhomes|
|Morehead Rd.||Heatherstone||Holcomb Woods||Coventry||Millbrook Rd.|
|Harrisburg Park||Flowers Farm||Brookedale Commons||Tom Query Rd.|
|Rocky River Crossing||Stallings Farm||Litchfield Village|
|Roberta Rd.||Cedar Fields||Clare Haven|
|Stallings Rd.||Churchill Farms|
|Robinson Church Rd.||Robinson Church Rd.|
|Hickory Ridge Rd.|
|Martha Melvin Rd.|
|Harris Depot Rd.|
The Town of Harrisburg offers bulk item pick-up on your scheduled service day each week. Bulk item pick-up does not include yard waste collection - leaves, grass, limbs and brush. All bulk item pick-ups must be scheduled using the link the New Request site or through Waste Pro at 980-255-3800 at least one day in advance.
Waste generated by private landscaping contractors will not be collected unless arranged by the homeowner for a fee. No debris created by commercial operations will be collected. Harrisburg Town Council reserves the right to change or amend these policies at any time.
If the homeowner does not comply with the guidelines outlined on this website, the yard debris and/or bulk items will not be collected and a notice will be left at the residence explaining why service was not completed. The homeowner may notify Customer Service when corrections are made, or to discuss other arrangements, by calling 704-455-5614.
Bulk items that will be collected by scheduled pick-up are:
- Small amounts of carpet and padding
- White goods (washers, dryers, refrigerators, dishwashers)
- Doors, windows and decking
- Furniture including:
- Lighting fixtures
- Lawn chairs
Note that all fluids must be drained. Large items such as playground equipment must be disassembled. Lawnmowers must be drained of all gas and oil. No rubber lawnmower tires will be picked up.
The following bulk items will not be picked up:
- Household garbage
- Large cardboard boxes (break down flat and place in recycling bins for pick up)
- Tires, batteries, oil, paint or liquid toxic materials
- Dead animals
- Demolition debris, dirt, rock or brick, sod, pavement or concrete
- Electronics, such as computer monitors, televisions and vacuum cleaners
If bulk items equal less than a truckload, there is no charge. A full truckload (16 feet long by 6 feet wide by 4 feet high) costs $100.
Visit the New Request site and use the following instructions:
- Select "Request" on the "Incident Type" drop-down box, enter your information and choose "Continue."
- Choose "Be Sure Residential Bulk Pick Up" and please list what bulk item(s) you need to be picked up in the box that is provided.
You may also use the link to file complaints and compliments.