March 18, 2020 COVID-19 Update
To protect the community and minimize opportunities to spread COVID-19, Town offices will be closed to the public, beginning Thursday, March 19, until further notice.
All essential services of the Town will continue without disruption.
See below for department operational changes and their contact information. Please check https://harrisburgnc.org/614/COVID-19 for updates, as it may be necessary to take further action to address safety and health concerns. The Town thanks you for your patience and understanding.
Town Boards and Meetings
- All public meetings of the Town have been suspended until further notice.
Town Hall/Customer Service - 705-455-5614
- Town Hall will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Phone, email and online services will remain active and available to serve the public.
- The YMCA on the second floor of Town Hall is closed until at least March 31.
Utility Service and Payments - 704-455-5614
- No disconnection of water or sewer services will occur during this time.
- Please be mindful that while physical disconnection of services may not occur, Late Fees and Reconnection Fees will still be accrued. State law does not allow these fees to be waived.
- Payments can be made online, via bank draft, over the phone or the 24-hour drop box outside of Town Hall. More information can be found at https://www.harrisburgnc.org/163/Billing-Payments.
Parks and Recreation - 704-455-7275
- All youth and adult athletic programs, as well as any program or event affiliated or sponsored by the Town has been postponed or canceled until further notice.
- Parks remain open to the public, but playgrounds and public restrooms at these facilities will be closed.
Planning/Zoning/Engineering - 704-455-0738
- Permit, inspection and code enforcement services will continue during this time. However, there is likely to be delay in this service delivery.
- Please use email and phone communications for the necessary department to ensure your needs are met.
- On-site inspections will continue, but will need to be scheduled through staff.
Sanitation Services - 980-255-3800
- Solid Waste, Recycling and bulk item collection services, provided by Waste Pro, will continue as scheduled.
- Yard debris collection, provided by the Town, will continue as scheduled, though delays may occur with collection.
- Work orders submitted to the Town will be processed by priority.
- using their credit or debit cards via the online bill pay option (https://harrisburgnc.org/157/Online-Bill-Pay)
- depositing payments into the 24-hour drop box located outside Town Hall
- setting up bank or credit card draft
- calling the automated phone payment system at 877-397-2658
- calling Customer Service at 704-455-5614 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Utility bills are due and payable upon receipt and it is the customer’s responsibility to pay his/her bill by the 15th of the month. There will be no water cutoffs for the month of March, but appropriate late fees and reconnection fees will still be applied to accounts. We encourage utility customers to make regular, appropriate payments to avoid a large past due accrual on their accounts. We will continue to evaluate the situation and may modify this further, if necessary.
The following athletics, events and programs are postponed or canceled:
Winter Youth Basketball:
• Tournament games scheduled for Friday, March 13, 2020 are on as scheduled.
• Tournament games scheduled for Saturday, March 14 and Monday, March 16 will be postponed to a later date in April 2020.
Spring Youth Baseball, Softball and Soccer:
• Practices will not begin Saturday, March 14. Practices will tentatively begin the week of April 6, 2020.
• Practices will be optional for Saturday, April 11, the week of April 13-17 (Spring Break) and Saturday, April 18. Practices will resume the week of April 20-24, 2020.
• Games will begin Saturday, April 25, 2020.
• Games will run until June 13, 2020 (unless rain outs cause an extension of the schedule).
• No end of season tournament games will be held for the spring 2020 season.
Spring Adult Athletics:
• Adult coed softball games will begin Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
• Adult coed soccer games will begin Saturday, April 18, 2020.
• The adult coed soccer team captain’s meeting scheduled for Tuesday, March 17 is rescheduled for Tuesday, April 7, 2020.
• No organized practices will be held March 14 through April 6, 2020.
Classes and Programs:
• L.E.A.P. classes are canceled for Thursday, March 19 and Thursday, March 26. Classes will be made up Thursday, April 9 and Thursday, April 16, 2020.
• Tae Kwon Do classes are canceled Monday, March 16 through Monday, April 6, 2020. Classes will be made up in April or partial refunds will be issued.
• Tennis classes are canceled Monday, March 16 through Monday, April 6, 2020. Classes will be made up in April or partial refunds will be issued.
• The Harrisburg 5K, 10K, Fun Run and Health Expo scheduled for Saturday, March 28, 2020 is postponed and will be tentatively rescheduled for a later date.
• The Volunteer Appreciation event scheduled for Friday, April 3 is rescheduled for Friday, April 24, 2020.
• Golden Egg Hunt– The egg hunts scheduled for April 3-9 are rescheduled for April 7-9. The Golden Egg Hunt event scheduled for Thursday, April 9, 2020 is on as scheduled.
Rentals and Facility Usage:
• All facility rentals – Municipal Complex, Council Chambers and field/shelter rentals at Town of Harrisburg parks (Harrisburg Park, Pharr Mill Park, Stallings Park and Harris Depot Park) – will cease until Tuesday, April 7, 2020. Rentals may be rescheduled or refunded.
• All regularly scheduled meetings at Harrisburg Town Hall (HBN, HBA and the American Legion) are canceled March 16 through April 6, 2020.
In response to COVID-19, The Town of Harrisburg held an emergency Town Council meeting Monday, March 16, 2020 at 5:30 p.m. to declare a State of Emergency.
National information: www.coronavirus.gov
State of North Carolina information: www.ncdhhs.gov/coronavirus
Cabarrus Health Alliance information: www.cabarrushealth.org or call 704-920-1213
Harrisburg information: https://harrisburgnc.org/614/COVID-19 or call 704-455-5614. Follow "Town of Harrisburg, NC" on Facebook and "@harrisburg_nc" on Instagram and Twitter.